FOOTNOTES 2 is an installation performance in which walking, time, and site-spesificness are intertwined into a complex dialogue of motion of walking, audio and video works. In the interdisciplinary work the working group is interested in exploring how the corporeality of wandering can be made visible through abstract means. In the words of abstract artist Anges Martin, the viewer’s mental landscape would become a more important part of the work than what he/she sees with his gaze.
“The mind seeks a path that the eyes cannot see.” -Anges Martin-
The installation performance of FOOTNOTES 2 brings to light choreographic thinking and dancing only through the feet, the wandering theme in black-and-white dance film footage shot in Tallberg Park in Finland, various writers notes of the walks, and the live sound design. At its best, a work can also increase people’s interest in positive nature experiences and an understanding of their own reality in relation to non-human nature.
- Concept: Nadja Pärssinen & Sari Antikainen.
- Live visual materials: Sari Antikainen.
- Choreography & dance: Nadja Pärssinen
- Live sound design: (cellist) Marie-Claire Schalmeus.
- Promophotos: Sari Antikainen.
- Production: FlowWowProductions, Cultural center Sähinä.
- Supporter: Avek – Audiovisual promotion center Finland, City of Espoo, Taike – Arts promotion center Finland & Cultural center Sähinä.
- Performances: Performances 3.-5.9.2021 in Cultural center Sähinä in Helsinki & Gallery Aarni space in Espoo in December 2021.
- THE REWIEV