The word INTERBEING comes from Buddhism. It is a way to describe how every living thing is made of elements that aren’t itself. As dance artists who’s practices privilege attention and attunement to sensation, listening, and relationship through instant composition, we are actively honing and refining our porousness and our ability to both define and expand the territory of our physical and emotional boundaries towards connection.
In our porosity and listening with each other, there is a reflection of this state of INTERBEING; the ability to recognize ‘other’ within ourselves, and through that to allow ourselves to be changed – simultaneously softened and made more resilient – by our innate interconnection.
- Concept: Maya M. Carroll
- Choreography & dance: Maya M. Carroll, Vera Lapitskaya & Nadja Pärssinen
- Sound design: Roy Carroll
- Video recordings: Xavier Bambú Locquet Vandenberghe
- Video editing: Vera Lapitskaya
- Promophotos: Virpi Velin
- Production: FlowWowProductions & Catalysti Transcultural artists in Finland
- Supporter: Taike – Art promotion center Finland, cultural center Sähinä & Indictus-studio.
- Open door performances: in Indictus-studio in Helsinki.