Suojassa? (in english = shielded) – dance piece is about a relationship and bond between a mother and a daughter. This bond includes a wide spectrum of feeling, experiences and energy. Through embodiment we search the line between shield and unsafety. Who is carrying, who is being carried? What kind of shield can I give to you and to myself? There is a dialogue and play between the heavy and light themes. The piece became alive through structured improvisation and in a relation to soundworld. It is the last part of choreographer Anna Venäläinen´s trilogue “Where the soul lives”.
- Concept: Anna Venäläinen
- Choreography: Anna Venäläinen, Nadja Pärssinen, Katariina Vähäkallio & Olli Ulkuniemi
- Performance: Katariina Vähäkakallio & Nadja Pärssinen
- Sound design in live: Olli Ulkuniemi
- Promophoto: Jyri Keronen
- Production: ITAK – Regional Dance of Eastern Finland, Anna Venäläinen & FlowWowProductions
- Supporter: ITAK – Regional Dance of Eastern Finland & TAIKE – Art promotion Centre Finland
- Performances: Premier in Art Center Ahjo, Joensuu July 2018, FinFami – event of Finnish Central Association, Joensuu, October 2018 & Lonely in the rain -festival, Joenuu, November 2018.