(c) Louisa Claudia Sovijärvi
In THAT dance work dance artists Iiris Raipala, Kira Heinonen and Nadja Pärssinen have studied the thinking and potential of the corporeality in the choreography of the present through the concept of that. As part of the work, the working team is also highlighting the spectrum of dance practice by Australian choreographer Rosalind Crisp, who works o improvisation. In its shared and creative process, the team has found Crisp´s choreographic tools to promote a new way of thinking about the possibilities of use the body. The work is exploratory, multisensory and imaginative, and constantly activates new questions of performer´s work. In the piece you will hear minimal and strong soundscape created in now moment by sound designer Stephen Stamper.
- Choreography & dance: Iiris Raipala, Kira Heinonen & Nadja Pärssinen.
- Sound design: Stephen Stamper
- Guidance: Rosalind Crisp
- Promo photos: Jyrki Soine & Louisa Claudia Sovijärvi
- Production: FlowWowProductions.
- Supporter: Taike – Arts promotion center Finland (corona grant 3rd), Helsinki city and Tampere city,
- Residencies: Petri Kekoni Company in Helsinki 2021, Dance school in Vantaa 2021-2022, Liikelaituri platform in Tampere 2022.
- Demos: ASKEL – POP UP stage -festival in Lahti, Virtatalo in Vantaa, Artists exchange in Roihupuro with Pia Lindy 2021.
- Performances: Liikelaituri platform in Tampere, Tanssistudio Focus in Helsinki and Oodi library´s Maijansali stage 2022.
- THE REWIEV